VP for Institutional Advancement and Public Relations
The Vice President for Institutional Advancement and Public Relations
The Vice President for Institutional Advancement and Public Relations is the chief development officer of the Institute and provides leadership for communicating and securing the public and private support essential to fulfill the Institute’s mission. The Vice President is responsible for the management of all fund-raising endeavors, and actively collaborates with the President, the Institute’s senior leadership, and the Board of Trustees to define and implement an overarching advancement strategy. In accomplishing these goals, the Vice President develops and maintains relationships with alumni, donors, potential donors, and the community at large. The Vice President for Institutional Advancement reports to the President.
- Provide leadership for and management oversight for the Development Department and its reporting units: Development and Public Relations
- Serve as a liaison between the Institute and its stakeholders including alumni, donors, potential donors and friends of the Institute, corporations and foundations, and city, county, and state officials and general public.
- Collaborate with the President and Board of Trustees to design and implement fund-raising initiatives and strategies
- Work closely with the Institutional Advancement Committee of the Board in overseeing advancement goals and achievements
- Maintain a portfolio of $50,000+ prospects through identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Provide direction and support for the President’s fund-raising activities, including strategic planning of travel, prospect cultivation and solicitation, briefings, and follow up support
- Work with senior leadership, faculty, alumni, and Trustees to create methods to clearly articulate the Institute’s programs, strengths, and funding priorities to the community, alumni, donors and donor prospects
- Produce annual budget, income and activity projections for Institutional Advancement and administer the operating budget
- Spearhead and manage campaign strategies and implementation
- Travel frequently for alumni events and the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major prospects and donors
- Serve as a member of the Officer’s Committee
- Other duties as assigned
Date Posted: April 11, 2014